Vocational Education Training enables students to gain qualifications for all types of employment, and specific skills to help them in the workplace. It covers a large number of careers and industries like trades and office work, retail, hospitality, creative arts and technology. Qualifications range from Certificate II to Certificate IV, and Diploma and Advanced Diploma. Students can include a VET subject in their VCE studies.
Recognition of VET and Further Education (FE) within the VCE and the VCAL means that students who complete all or part of a nationally recognised qualification may receive credit towards satisfactory completion of their VCE and/or VCAL.
VCD provides some VET courses on campus and also has access to some TAFE courses students attend with the support of an interpreter/teacher from VCD.
Students who select a VET course are committed to complete the two years required of the course.
VET Studies offered at Victorian College for the Deaf in 2015 are as follows- Modules from Certificate II can be credited as VCE Unit 1 and/or 2. Modules from Certificate III can be credited as VCE Unit 3 and/or 4.
*These VET subjects do have a study score. The other subjects do not have a study score, so cannot contribute towards a VCE primary four. They can be counted as a 5th or 6th subject and contribute to the ATAR as a 10% increment, derived from the average of the primary four.
- Certificate II in Furnishings *
- Certificate II in Hospitality ( Kitchen Operations) *
- Certificate III in Laboratory Skills *
- Certificate II in Visual Arts
- Certificate II in Creative Industries ( Media)
- Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology *
- Certificate II in Sport/Recreation *
- Certificate II in Community Services *
- Certificate II in Active Volunteering
- Certificate II in Business
- Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways
- Other * ( May be offered by request and approval by the Leadership Team)
( info re Inner Melbourne City Cluster VET IMVC programs – http:///www.lmvc.com.au for other VET programs)