The Certificate II in Furniture Making(LMF20309) provides students the skills and knowledge required to perform the manufacture of free-standing furniture or built-in cabinets, and provide on-site assistance in the installation of furniture or cabinets involving known routines and procedures and some accountability for the quality of outcomes. This qualification is typically used to develop skills and knowledge in non trade work involved in the manufacture of furniture or fitted cabinets such as those used in kitchens and bathrooms.
- LMFFM2001B Use furniture making sector hand and power tools
- MSAENV272B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MSAPMOPS101A Make measurements
- MSAPMSUP102A Communicate in the workplace
- MSAPMSUP106A Work in a team
- MSAPMOHS200A Work safely
- LMFFM2002B Assemble furnishing components
- LMFFM2003B Select and apply hardware
- LMFFM2005B Join solid timber
- LMFFM2006B Hand make timber joints
- LMFFM2007B Follow plans to assemble production furniture
- LMFFM2010B Set up, operate and maintain basic static machines
- LMFFM2011B Apply manufactured board conversion techniques
Training and Employment Outcomes
Possible job roles include Assistant Cabinet Maker, Assistant installer of built-in cabinets, Production operator within a cabinet making enterprise. Further training pathways from this qualification may include Certificate III in Furniture Making (LMF30302), Certificate III in Cabinet Making (LMF32109) and relevant competitive manufacturing qualifications.
Contributions to VCE
Eligible for credits towards their VCE Unit 1 and 2 and Unit 3 and 4 sequence.