Auslan (Australian Sign Language) is the language of the Australian Deaf Community. It incorporates signs, fingerspelling, facial expression and body movement to create a beautiful and unique language.
Why learn AUSLAN?
- Auslan is a recognised VCE LOTE
- Auslan enhances your vocational opportunities in a number of specific areas. (Teacher of the Deaf, Speech Therapy, Social Work, Youth Work, Interpreter etc)
- Auslan will enable you a broader client base in other chosen careers, where deaf people may choose your business because you are able to communicate with them.
- Auslan facilitates communication between the deaf and hearing communities and opens your eyes to the cultural and linguistic heritage of one of Australia’s unique cultural communities.
- Auslan gives you confidence and a way to enhance your personal skills by communicating in a distinctive way.
- If you are deaf, or have family members or friends who are deaf; Auslan is a great way to boost your VCE results!
Auslan classes are open to Year 10, 11 and 12 students from any schools in Victoria. Classes are run on Monday evenings from 4.30 – 7.30pm (this may change).
To enquire or enrol Auslan please open this attachment: Enrol Auslan